This attack is very interesting because it is not visible to the normal user and the spam (generally about Viagra, Nexium, Cialis, etc) only shows up if the user agent is from Google’s crawler (googlebot). Also, the infection is a bit tricky to remove and if not done properly will keep reappearing.
These are some of the best, currently available resources on the various WordPress 3.0 features relevant to theme development. I’ve been using and growing this list personally for a while as a sort of launchpad and they should be enough for most development needs.
There are plenty other resources, tutorials, and tips out there that I do not include here, though. For that, Google is your friend.
Custom Post Types
- Custom Post Types in WordPress
- Rock-Solid WordPress 3.0 Themes using Custom Post Types
- Custom Post Types in WordPress 3.0
- Extending Custom Post Types in WordPress 3.0
- New and Exciting Ways to Organize Your WordPress Powered Website
- A Refresher on Custom Taxonomies
- The Essential Guide to WordPress 3.0 Custom Taxonomies
- How to enable Multi-Site option in WordPress 3.0
- WordPress 3.0 Walkthrough: Getting Started with Multisite
Custom Header and Background
New Theme Template Files
- author-[nicename].php and author-[id].php
- taxonomy.php, taxonomy-[taxonomy].php, taxonomy-[term].php
- WordPress 3.0 release announcement
- Codex about Version 3.0
- Various small new theme and plugin development updates
- Thelonious Monk, the jazz pianist whose name is used for 3.0